I make homemade Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Candies and thought what a great way to create an original cake the same way. This cake is so light and tasty. Your guests will be asking for more.
- I box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix (made according to box directions)
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 8 ozs Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 ozs Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 cup dark choc morsels, melted
- 2 TBS sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate shots for side of cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2- 9 inch round baking pans. Mix cake mix according to box directions, bake 25 - 30 mins. Cool
- In large bowl, whip cream until peaks form. Reserve 1/4 cup for decoration) Add mascarpone cheese, 1/2 can of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter and pack of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Caramel Flavor Mix. Whip until blended.
- Assemble Cake: Frost top of one of the cakes. Place second cake on top, frost side of cake.
- Mix1/2 melted morsels with leftover frosting. Frost top of cake. Drizzle other half of melted morsels over top of cake. Sprinkle with sea salt while still wet. Sprinkle side of cake with sprinkles. Garnish top of cake with remaining frosting, using decorator tips.
Looks great and sure does sound yummy!
Wow wow WOW ~ this looks stunning and delicious!
Thank you so much. And it tastes good too!!!
Looks great...good job!