Dreams really do come true. I know I need to believe that right now in my own life. We all need to hold onto hope-filled dreams. This cake is as Kermit says, and he knows something about dreams. It's for "lovers, the dreamers and me." I even used the Duncan Hines Confetti Cake Mix. Why? Because when you bring this cake, your gonna have a party, right? =)
I used my Wilton 9" petal pan.
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 18.25oz. Duncan Hines Confetti Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- blue food coloring
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. package of neon gummi worms
- Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Cool completely before decorating.
- Level cake. Place just a small amount of icing over one layer; top with remaining layer.
- Ice Cake, making sort of cloud swirl on the top. You should have frosting left. Stir in a bit of blue food coloring, mix completely. Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Attach #5 icing tip to icing bag. Fill with with darker blue icing.
- On the top write: "Somewhere over the rainbow... dreams come true."
- Decorate outside of cake with gummi worms making rainbow shapes.
- Take large marshmallows, cut in half and manipulate into clouds. I used a bit of icing on my hands to give just a slight blue hue to the clouds.
It's always important to have them. Cake and dreams I mean. =)