- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix
- Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12" x 17" sided sheet pan.
- Mix Duncan Hines® French Vanilla Cake Mix, eggs, oil, champagne and water.
- Pour cake batter into prepared sheet pan and bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely and remove from pan by flipping pan upside down.
- With the long side of cake facing you, cut cake in half exactly down the middle, from top to bottom.
- You will now have 2 pieces of cake, each measuring 12" x 8.5".
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Strawberry Shortcake Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost the top only of one 12" x 8.5" piece of the cake with the Strawberry Shortcake frosting you just created.
- Place second half of cake on top of frosted half.
- Cut the layered cake into 12 rectangles and chill for 30 minutes.
- Decoratively frost tops of the Strawberry Champagne Cakes and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- If you don’t want to use Champagne, simply omit Champagne and instead use a total of 1 1/3 cups of water in the recipe.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.