- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 cups) lb confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch pan.
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To prepare frosting, place butter, milk and cocoa in medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until butter is melted. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely.