- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 1 orange
- 11/2 cups Duncan Hines® Comstock® Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Crème Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Mix Duncan Hines® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, pudding mix, eggs, orange juice, water and vegetable oil. Fold in orange zest.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cakes comes out clean.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Crème Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Pipe a circle or “dam” of the Orange Crème frosting you just created around outer edge of bottom cake layer. Fill center circle with 1 cup of Duncan Hines® Comstock® Blueberry Pie Filling. Top with second layer of cake.
- Frost sides and top of layer cake with the Orange Crème frosting. Add remaining frosting to a piping bag with decorator tip.
- Pipe a circle of frosting in center of top of cake. Fill circle with remaining 1/2 cup of Duncan Hines® Comstock® Blueberry Pie Filling and serve.
- To create the look of vertical stripes on the side of cake, frost the entire cake, then use a palette or butter knife to start at the bottom of the cake and pull the knife straight up the side of the cake. Start the next stripe slightly overlapping the previous one. Repeat around the cake.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.