- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
- reserved pineapple juice plus water equal to 1 cup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 medium-size ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped Maraschino cherries
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt® or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, pineapple, 1 cup juice and water mixture, eggs and cinnamon in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat a medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in banana, pecans and cherries. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
I shopped at a store that didn't carry the frosting by Duncan HInes, but I found one made by another company. We live in a small town, so will look for Duncan Hines frosting when i get to Krogers, etc., in large town. OR MAKE IT FROM SCRATCH USING THE MARASCHINO JUICE I NEVER THROW AWAY!