- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. half-and-half
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Let cake cool completely. Using a skewer, poke many holes in top of cake.
- Pour half of milk mixture over cake. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining milk mixture.
- The next day, pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Caramel Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost chilled cake with the Caramel frosting you just created.
- Cut cake into squares. Put a few tablespoons of milk mixture in bottom of a shallow bowl. Place a piece of cake on top and serve.
- Because the cake contains dairy, keep cake refrigerated before and after serving.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.