- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Peppermint Stick Flavor Mix
- 1 bag of starlight peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake 28 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely and remove from pans.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Peppermint Stick Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Repeat with second can and packet.
- Place first cake layer on a plate and lightly frost top of cake layer with the Peppermint
- Place second cake layer on top of first. Frost the sides and top of stacked cake.
- Put peppermints in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin, break them up into a mixture of medium and small pieces.
- Pat peppermint pieces all around the sides of frosted cake.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.