- 1 box Duncan Hines® Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or coffee granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 2/3 cup Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cake mix and cocoa into clean, large mixing bowl; whisk together.
- Add 1 1/3 cups water. Mix and bake according to package directions in ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Prepare glaze when cake is cool. Place espresso granules and water in small microwave-safe bowl; stir to dissolve. Mix in frosting. Microwave on HIGH power for 20 to 25 seconds or until just pourable. Stir to blend.
- Spread glaze over top of cake allowing some to drizzle down the sides of cake. When glaze sets, slice cake and serve.
- To keep serving platter clean while glazing, place strips of wax paper or parchment under the outer bottom edge of cake. Once glaze has set, pull out strips of paper leaving a clean platter.
- Refrigerate cake for a few minutes after glazing so glaze sets more quickly.
- For a little crunch, try sprinkling top of glaze with shaved bittersweet chocolate, toasted almonds or crushed butter brickle.
- Serve cake with fresh raspberries for an elegant touch.
- Add freshly grated orange rind to top of glaze for European flair and taste.
Well, I was scrolling through this amazing array of bundt cakes on another website and found the Daffodil cake & recipe. Made in a bundt pan! Gorgeous. It was made from scratch, and I think I'll try to do one again from scratch.
My, I'm AWOL for awhile, and come back to these most gorgeous concoctions. It's best not to look at food pages when you're hungry!
I found this yummy looking honeycomb cake. First I'm going to try it per recipe then try to adapt it to a DH cake mix.