- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 can Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Almond Flavor Mix
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Fill pan and bake 32 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Using a 21/2" round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut out 8 circles of cake.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Chocolate Almond Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost top and sides of cakes with the Chocolate Almond frosting you just created.
- Gently pat shredded coconut onto sides of cake.
- Top cakes with a few sliced almonds and serve.
- Crumble the leftover cake scraps and mix with frosting. Roll into balls to make cake pops or cake truffles.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.