||1 hour and 30 minutes
||15 to 18 servings
Whoever said, ‘don't play with your food’ never baked a Bubble Gum Candy Cake. It’s as fun to decorate, as it is to eat!
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Butter Golden Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cans Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
- 2 packets Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix
- Assorted candies for decorating: candy-coated chocolates, lollipops, gumdrops, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely and remove from pan.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Bubble Gum Flavor Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second packet and can.
- Frost cake with the Bubble Gum frosting you just created. Transfer any additional frosting to a piping bag with a decorator tip.
- Pipe borders and decorative elements. Decorate with candy and serve.
- To unify your candy design, stick with either one shape of candies or a specific color palette.
Copyright © 2012 Pinnacle Foods Corp. LLC. All Rights Reserved.