This cake is easy to make, but looks so elegant. A combination of moist dark chocolate cake, and chocolate mint icing - it's impossible to resist. The cake is finished with a luscious mint chocolate glaze, making this cake perfect for birthdays, special occasions or any time of the year!
- 1 Box Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix, prepared according to box directions
- 1 Package Forsting Creations Starter
- 1 Package Mint Chocolate Mix
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Bake cake mix in two 8 inch pans.
- Cool Completely.
- Prepare frosting by mixing starter with mint.
- Frost the cake completely.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, heat cream in a saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- Pour cream over chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to stir until fully combined.
- Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate slowly over chilled cake until chocolate starts to drip off of the side of the cake, and completely covers the top.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
sounds great,but could you substiute the mint flavoring fot something else? im not a mint fan.
like how the chocolate runs down the side, looks good with the contrast in colors
mmm.....It sounds good...