||1 whole cake
A coconut sensation that's chewy, CREAMY, and wonderful!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) cartons sour cream
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. flaked coconut
- 1 (9 oz.) carton whipped topping
- Put all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of mixer, scraping sides of bowl constantly until well combined.
- Beat on high speed for approximately 3 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in two 8-inch greased and floured pans.
- When completely cool, split layers, making four layers. Combine sugar, sour cream, and coconut, blending well.
- Chill. Reserve 1 cup of the sour cream mixture. Spread the remainder between layers of cake.
- Combine the reserved 1 cup with the whipped topping.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread on top and sides of cake.
- Seal cake in an airtight container and refrigerate 3 days before serving.
Copyright © 2012 Pinnacle Foods Corp. LLC. All Rights Reserved.