Red Velvet Brownies Recipe
These easy to bake brownies use Duncan Hines® red velvet cake mix. Seriously the best red velvet brownies recipe there is!
- 10 Minutes
- 55 Minutes
Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
butter, after melted
semi-sweet chocolate chips
walnuts, chopped (optional)
butter cream frosting
triple chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine egg, butter, water in a bowl. Add red velvet mix, stir until the ingredients are combined, and lumps are gone.
- Add chips and 1 cup of nuts, and pour mixture into the greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let brownies cool for 15 minutes and place on wire cooling rack.
- Frost red velvet brownies with butter cream frosting. Heat or microwave chocolate frosting for easy pouring. Pour 2 oz. chocolate frosting over butter cream layer.
- Use a fork to blend two frostings for a marbled appearance, to desired pattern. Sprinkle brownie with remaining nuts.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate frosting over the butter cream.
- Put the brownie in the freezer to cool. Allow 10 minutes then pat yourself on the back and enjoy your batch of red velvet brownies!