- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Double Fudge Decadent Brownie Mix
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom of 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth in medium mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, 1 egg, flour and vanilla. Beat until smooth; set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies.
- Spread half of brownie batter in prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Spoon dollops of remaining brownie batter over top. Swirl brownie and cream cheese batter together with a knife of spatula.
- Bake at 350° F for 36 to 39 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Chocolate Frosting.
- Chill 2 hours.
Also, the standard amount of "1 pkg of cream cheese" is 8 oz. However, this recipe says to use 3 oz of cream cheese and refers that as being the amount of 1 package!- Was this intentional?
Can someone clarify the actual amounts of eggs and cream cheese that should be used for this recipe, please??