- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Lemon Supreme cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, separated
- 1 can of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Frosting Starter
- 1 packet of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Key Lime Flavor Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, melted butter, coconut extract and 1 cup of flaked coconut together in a large bowl.
- Using your fingers, press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup of coconut on a sheet pan and toast in the 350°F oven for 5-8 minutes, checking coconut often to prevent burning. Remove from oven when coconut is lightly toasted.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Key Lime Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost bars with Key Lime frosting you just created. Cut into bars then sprinkle toasted coconut on top of each bar.
How it Works Video
See how easy it is to use Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Mixes.